who is JLM?
what we do
New ideas and new technologies are the lifeblood of today’s global industries. But for foreign international firms or small start-up companies, to make inroads into these large companies is a daunting task. Finding the right people to talk to in order to sell a product – let alone getting someone to take a call — is nearly impossible. At JLM, we know who the right “specialists” are and, more importantly, they trust us when we say they should meet with you. They take our calls because they know it will be worth their time and their company’s resources.
By staying in constant contact with CTOs and senior product developers who work for the elite technology leaders in Fortune 500 companies, we know what problems and issues they are facing. This enables us to matchmake your solutions directly to their business needs in the consumer electronics, automotive, medical, diagnostics, pharmaceutical, energy and building automation industries.
As a technology marketing firm, we will develop the first steps of interest for your product – typically a beta test and technology validation. We work with OEMs' new technology roadmaps two years out, thus we know most of the programs. For more than 25 years, we have represented global companies. Our successful track record of initiating meetings and driving the product process through to multi-million dollar deals is undeniable. See what our clients have to say about us here.
JLM has created more than 200 beta sites and has designed over $1 billion of new technology.
Marketing Consultants (Marketing is not Sales) With A Niche For New Technology
A marketing consultant works with companies to create and implement marketing strategies. These strategies are centered on the core of the business and what services and products they offer. A consultant helps create a detailed marketing plan, determine the marketing message, and identify the appropriate marketing mix to get the message out. They will then follow the plan through, and work to execute and implement the marketing strategy.
They will monitor results, tweak as necessary and ensure that the companies get the best results from their marketing efforts.
A marketing consultant will be skilled and knowledgeable in consumer behavior and marketing process. It includes having the ability to identify the companies target market and position their product or service offering in a way that will interest consumers and make them want to buy.
A great marketing consultant will be able to not only think creatively but analytically. They must be able to not only be creative but to be able to gain results from that creativity. Marketing consultants often specialize in specific areas in marketing as JLM verticals mainly include automotive,consumer electronics, retail, energy, medical, pharma, network systems.
Marketing consultants often run their businesses and work independently or with your marketing team. They are skilled in marketing, business, communications, and psychology. There are times that a company seeks to outsource their marketing efforts. Often, when a company does this, they seek out marketing consultants. A marketing consultant works with companies to create and implement marketing strategies. A great marketing consultant will be able to not only think creatively but analytically. J Lyons Marketing’s niche is focus with OEM to design in new technology.
With that being said selecting the right marketing consultant is crucial. A consultant must understand your business, your marketing requirements and understand your growth goals. They need to be able to share with you notable achievements and successes that correlate with the goals you are trying to achieve. Marketing consultants work very close with businesses to help them in determining strategy and tactics to promote a produce and/or service. The main objective that a marketing consultant has is to get the word out about the service and or product that is being offered. A marketing consultant can also be engaged to assist with creating general awareness of a company.
J Lyons Marketing main objected is to get new technology design in on next generation product that a strategic fit for an OEM. First steps is to develop the interest and set up a test pilot to prove out the technology. This process has life cycle from first introduction to production can be up to five years.
Marketing consultants fees typically average $20,000 a month and usually have one or two clients. J Lyons Marketing works on lower rate and typically averages eight-ten clients. J Lyons Marketing expertise is strong with strategy and developing new potential markets.
Examples with companies under agreement:
1. Phantom Intelligent a lidar technology ( signal base- non visual ) designing in automotive OEM’s which averages 5 + years for production orders . JLM was hired for new vertical vertical markets, strategy wise JLM came up with snow equipment manufacturers and looks to capture majority market share with leading OEM’s six beta sites set up.
2. FLIR embedded infrared camera chip set for tablet or smart phone. JLM developed one of the largest automotive diagnostic tool manufactures and sales book all records 2017.
3. Silent Sensor market leader for printed electronics embedded in polymers / rubber sensing monitoring in automotive tires. JLM hired for new markets developed Bike tire / wheel market with the market leaders with top five OEM in bets testing stage. Wheel chairs (electric) develop the top five with bets sites as well. Sport Performance with smart ball is next.
4. Bragi AI technology platform with multi sensing expanded outside wireless audio ear buds. JLM hired for new verticals expanded into eyewear ( smart glasses ) power tools (augmented hearing while tools in use )retail self check out, pc smart phone, home automation, security etc. JLM has set up 11 beta site with Fortune 500 OEM’s.
5. MEDTEC MEDIZINTECHNIK GMBHM Technology: Electronic Medicine A rejuvenate damage cells tissue that can be corrected back to normal with right frequency Markets: Primary area covered arthritis, osteoporosis, orthopedic, dermatology (hair growth & skin rejuvenation). Electronic medicine, in simple terms the body’s cells react to different frequencies and damage cells can be corrected with thee right frequencies. The right frequency is the electronic medicine which is controlled by chip card that is programed with right the “formula.” The technology works for the same reason as the MRI technology works. The image giving technology is called MRI and we call our technology MRT (T for Therapy). JLM was hire for the North America market license to medical manufacturers (OEM). JLM has clinical study for proof of concept in both veterinary and dermatology market.
6. GRC Containerized Data Centers 1 MW just required a cement pad and cellular reception. Rural properties on natural gas shale properties that have wells but capped due to marketing pricing and no infrastructure (gas line) was the target focus. A well needs a turbine and filter systems that can produce gas to electricity for 10-20 years at very very low cost. Currently team up with Petroedge an oil & gas shale exploration firm to set up a pilot.
In summary a technology marketing firm the “sale” is developing interest to beta test the new technology to prove out the performance. If meet specifications then design win for the next generation product. The business model typical is is a license or private label arrangement with the manufacturer.
Based on the nature of the business in which we operate, we are flexible as to our pricing. All clients pay a marketing retainer, but under a three month trial period. This time frame represents the period where the OEM has significant interest and wants to enter a program. The majority of our clients are license technology companies; our bonus is a percentage of annual royalty. JLM is flexible on the marketing retainer and the bonus percentage, as it is based on market potential.
Commercialization: All marketing fees and bonus based on sales above $10M
External Tech Scout: Monthly marketing fee, no bonus
External Tech Scout for Professional Sports: Small marketing fee and big bonus for a team that reaches a playoff and/or championship